Grand Excelsior Hotel Al Barsha is a 4-star hotel brand under the Bin Haider Hospitality LLC. Ideally located in the heart of the city, the Grand Excelsior Hotel Al Barsha welcomes travelers with a relaxed ambiance. The Hotel offering 229 elegant guestrooms and suites with total function space of around 294 589 Sq. feet and contains five restaurants, a business center, Spa, a health club, 24 hour room service and underground parking facilities.
The Grand Excelsior Hotel is committed to continually improving its environmental and social sustainability performance. With the vision of forever protecting and nurturing our people and environment in every way possible, our hotel identifies and refines existing policies clearly following the standards, legislation and benchmarking of third party authorities. In order to achieve continual improvement, we follow the benchmarks set by DTCM, a leading authority on best environmental practice.
The hotel benchmarks the resource consumption to effectively identify current operational performance and take all efforts to reduce the environmental impact caused by the normal operation. According to the benchmarks, we promise to reduce energy, water and resource consumption, reduce waste, increase recycling and raise the use of environmentally friendly products and services.
In addition to working with DTCM, we have also implemented the MOBH Hospitality Group’s ‘Earth Hour’ program, which focuses on engaging our guests to join our green journey in building a more sustainable hotel. With access to a large amount of information on our company’s Internet site, we have the ability to benchmark and draw inspiration from other hotels and companies throughout the world.
Green Initiatives in the hotel:
- Energy efficient lighting
- Recycle paper/metal/plastic/glass
- Recycle wet amenities (body wash/ shampoo/ conditioner)
- Products and services of local origin are preferred
- Organic food and beverage options are used when requested
- Never stop exploring ways to minimize the use of energy, water and raw materials.
- Comply with local and national government environmental legislations, plans and policies.
- Encourage our colleagues to join and support our group wide internal Green Team.
- Provide our colleagues training and resources to meet our environmental objectives.
- Engage our customers, suppliers and partners in our efforts to protect the environment.
- Focus on environmental considerations in operational practices to prevent and control pollution properly.